2016 has been a crappy year. Lots of good things happened to me, but my personal joy was overshadowed by everything going on in the world. I wish I could ignore everything that did happen (presidential election results, Aleppo, the spike of celebrity deaths, Orlando, among many other things) but that’s not how I was built. I have heard it put forward that everything that happened in 2016 is the new normal, and 2017 will be more of the same. I hope I’m prepared! It’s been a doozy.
On that note, here are my top 10 tracks from 2016.
- Good Intentions (featuring Miguel) by Disclosure
- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) by Britney Spears
- Come and Get Your Love by Redbone
- Black Heart by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Black Magic by Little Mix
- Talk About It (featuring King Mez & Justus) by Dr. Dre
- Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna
- Hell No’s and Headphones by Hailee Steinfeld
- Heaven Lost an Angel by Zendaya
- Kill Vs. Maim by Grimes