Hello there! My name’s Guilliean Pacheco.
I’m a thirtysomething of the female persuasion. I refer to my heritage as Filipina adjacent. To be clearer, I’m an American of Filipino, Chinese, Spanish, German, and French descent.
I’m a Northern California native, born in Oakland, and subsequently raised in the cacophony of my extended family in Union City and Fremont, but we moved to the sleepy Central Valley town of Modesto by the late 1980s.
I’m a working writer and editor of color, proudly doing what I do for more than 20 years. I earned my MFA in Creative Writing from the University of San Francisco, focusing on short fiction. You can trust my skills to build the groundwork for my clients to tap into their innate creativity and make it real, no matter the final product.
My professional background reflects my multipotentialite approach to life, maintaining varied skills in customer service, hospitality, blogging, teaching, creative writing in short fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction, photography, filmmaking, podcasting, web and graphic design, web hosting, and consulting.
I’m influenced by Jack Kerouac, James Baldwin, Emily Dickinson, Walt Disney, Ray Bradbury, Sandra Cisneros, Billy Wilder, Angela Carter, William Shakespeare, Joan Didion, Alfred Hitchcock, Shirley Jackson, and Rod Serling. And not in that order! I write for the ones who see the extraordinary in the mundane.
I randomly quote Futurama, train mixed-type Pokémon teams (though I fancy myself a Water and Psychic Trainer from the Galar region), and I keep the Tenth Doctor’s sonic screwdriver on my person for those timey-wimey emergencies.
I live in Las Vegas normally, if one can call living in Vegas normal.
This is a sample of all the things that I’ve done…
- 2021: My non-fiction piece, Life is a Highway, was published in February as part of the Nevada Humanities Heart to Heart digital series.
- 2020: I launched my podcast, Raconteuse Radio, celebrating creative writing.
- 2019: I won a special selection distinction for my poem – Las sergas de Esplandián – at the Helen Stewart Poetry Contest.
- 2017: I completed Turner Classic Movies and Ball State University’s online multimedia course, The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock.
- 2016: I received my Master of Fine Arts in Writing from the University of San Francisco.
- 2016: Red Rock Canyon, my flash fiction from a short story collection to be announced, was published by Helen as part of their Friday Night Specials series in December 2016. It was republished in the online version of its 5th-anniversary issue in 2019.
- 2010: I submitted Little Lady Love: A Moving Storyboard as my final project for Women and Literature. I retold the story of “The Bloody Chamber” by Angela Carter through photography and music.
- 2010: I directed the short film Come Together for Atomic Cocktail Entertainment. We were one of the top ten finalists for the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Online Filmmakers’ Contest. We won a Silver Screen Award at the 2011 Nevada Film Festival in their Short Film competition.
- 2008: I created Seven Sins of the Sisters as my final creative project for Outlaw Genres: U.S. Third World Women’s Autobiography. It combined photography and music. This project sprung a side effort, a photography exhibit I called Into the Mouth of Madness.
- 2004: I was published in the CSN Coyote Press for my article on Las Vegas rock band, The Killers.
- 2003: I co-produced a virtual TV series for three years called The Alliance of Destiny until 2006. It combined the universes of Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Alias into one cohesive universe.
- 2002: My short story – The Seduction of Francesca Miller – won third place at the Modesto Junior College Celebration of the Humanities Festival.
My dream job is to help others live their best creative life. How do I accomplish this? Take a look at my current projects that are near and dear to my heart:
- Bookgaze: A Book & Movie Review Blog
- The Dispatch: a weekly newsletter
- Raconteuse Radio: A Creative Writing Podcast
- Writeropolis: The Silent Book Club for Writers
- Writeropolis Industries
I’m working every day to be able to share my passion for amplifying creative voices worldwide. I’m a little voice in the big world but I’ll be damned if I don’t have something to add to the conversation.
As a creativity concierge – a term I coined to explain the multipotentialite that I am – I offer tailored services to help others.
Building a personalized creative program requires a thorough understanding of who you are. Before you can move forward, you have to know where you stand as a creative entity. It’s okay if you have the vision but you don’t have the time or resources to make it into something that you can use. Let me take the time to learn about you so that I can make tailored suggestions to help you accomplish your goals promptly. Think of me as your accountability partner to help you learn and grow.
Let’s chat one-on-one about what you need to do to embrace or improve upon the groundwork that you need to build up in today’s day and age.