Hello there! My name’s Guilliean Pacheco.
Makata translates from Tagalog to mean “poet.”
I’m a thirtysomething of the female persuasion. I refer to my heritage as Filipina adjacent. To be clearer, I’m an American of Filipino, Chinese, Spanish, German, and French descent.
I’m a Northern California native, born in Oakland and subsequently raised in the cacophony of my extended family in Union City and Fremont. Still, we moved to the sleepy Central Valley town of Modesto by the late 1980s.
My professional background reflects my multipotentialite approach to life. I nurture varied skills in:
|customer service||filmmaking||graphic design|
|teaching||tech journalism||web design|
I’m a working writer and editor of color, proudly doing what I have done for over 20 years. I’ve never subscribed to a single outlet for my creativity. Among my credits, I count the following:
- I’m currently pursuing a Media Writing certificate from the New School x Rolling Stone.
- I sat for an Anaphora Arts poetry residency in 2022.
- I joined the staff at Epifania Magazine in 2021 as a copy editor.
- I completed Turner Classic Movies and Ball State University’s online multimedia course, The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock, in 2017.
- I earned my MFA in Creative Writing from the University of San Francisco, focusing on short fiction, in 2016.
- I co-produced a three-year-old virtual TV series called “The Alliance of Destiny” in 2003, creating a shared universe of Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Alias.
I write for the ones who see the extraordinary in the mundane. Jack Kerouac, James Baldwin, Emily Dickinson, Walt Disney, Ray Bradbury, Sandra Cisneros, Billy Wilder, Angela Carter, William Shakespeare, Joan Didion, Alfred Hitchcock, Shirley Jackson, and Rod Serling influence my short fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction. And not in that order!
I randomly quote Futurama, train mixed-type Pokémon teams (though I fancy myself a Water and Psychic Trainer from the Galar region), and keep the Tenth Doctor’s sonic screwdriver on my person for those timey-wimey emergencies.
I live in Las Vegas normally, if one can call here normal, on Southern Paiute land.
My dream job is to help others live their best creative life. How do I accomplish this? Take a look at my current projects that are near and dear to my heart:
- Belles-letters: a weekly newsletter
- Writeropolis Industries
- City of Writers: A Creative Writing Podcast
- Writeropolis: The Silent Book Club for Writers
I’m working every day to be able to share my passion for amplifying creative voices worldwide. I’m a little voice in the big world, but I’ll be damned if I don’t have something to add to the conversation.
As a creativity concierge – a term I coined to explain my approach to life – I offer tailored services to help others.
You can trust my skills to build the groundwork for my clients to tap into their innate creativity and make it real, no matter the final product.
Building a personalized creative program requires a thorough understanding of who you are. Before moving forward, you must know where you stand as a creative entity. It’s okay if you have the vision but don’t have the time or resources to make it into something you can use. Let me take the time to learn about you so I can make tailored suggestions to help you accomplish your goals promptly. Think of me as your accountability partner to help you learn and grow.
Let’s chat one-on-one about what you need to do to embrace or improve upon what’s already inside you today.
GET IN TOUCH