“I didn’t realize the weather would be quite this oppressive, darling,” the well-dressed lady said to the man beside her in the carriage. She waved a gloved hand in front of her face, trying to excite the dull air into breathable oxygen. “I think I left my fan in my trunk. Oh goodness, it’s positively unbearable.”
“Uncle Thomas did warn us in our last correspondence that we probably should’ve come sooner, but you are fully aware of the trouble I ran into securing our passage,” he reminded her, looking out the window at the wide open prairie. He smiled at her. “But that’s not what you’re worried about is it?”
She instinctively reached out for him, her ranger. Behind her closed eyes, she realized he was not there. The room was dark but she could see the lights from the street below filling the room. The clock on the wall stated that it was 543a. Max – senior aged at this point but forever a puppy – snuffled in his sleep at the movement of his mistress. She whispered softly in the dark, “Herc?”
There was a thread on Reddit that asked what you would do with your future self for 24 hours. I got to thinking, what if my future self were genuinely evil? What if they were coming to visit me for 24 hours to see how much damage could be done to further their aims in the future? What if that future self wasn’t that far removed from my present, say 2 years from now? That blows my mind! I burst out laughing, and then I wanted to cry when I realized this would be my response. I can only hope that my future self isn’t evil and that if she comes to visit, she’ll say how fabulous our life became. I love AskReddit threads. They’re great writing prompts. I took it further. See below: I fell out of sleep and crashed into that familiar mountain of trouble. Every day was…
In an effort to clean up my Facebook, here is a story I wrote on Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:35pm. It has been referenced by my friends as one of their favorite stories of mine. So… I’ve been in a funk lately. Really, extremely anti-social. Hating that I am alive and hating the world. I know, is the sky blue or what? I’m always mad at the world for one thing or another. Today is my Friday. My first real Friday in FOREVER. I got paid today. And an early out. I will cry when I see my paycheck next pay period, but I’ll take it. I just want to curl up and die. I went and saw “The Hangover” solo; great movie, great story… though a little forced and perhaps cliched at times. But that’s what ppl think Vegas is all about. I’m gonna make movies that tells…
Before I start, this was a humor piece I wrote for the official TAOD site:
You Know You’ve Been Watching Too Much Alliance of Destiny When…
- You call your teachers “Professor Smith” or “Professor Jones” when a simple “Mr. Smith” or “Mrs. Jones” will suffice.
- You believe Voldemort is in the shrimp dimension.
- You believe love conquers all.
- You get migraines and scream “Department of Mysteries!”
- You eyeball a blond father and son when you’re shopping and think they’re Lucius and Sark.
- You name your Sim Anastasia Darcy or Meliza Masterson.
- You go to grassy fields and try to resurrect dead Amazon warriors.
- You deadhead your mother’s roses, wondering if they were Meliza’s singing ones.
- Your mother runs a charity organization.
- You realize that your best friend’s father and your dad were rivals in school.
- Your best friend has some really beautiful green eyes.
- You find 2 black books and think they’re the Books of Living and the Dead.
- At an abandoned shack near school, you find a sassy blonde woman kicking someone’s ass.
- You don’t have a very good relationship with your dad.
- Your little sister is the key to saving the world (or ending it).
- You lie to your dentist.
- You have a lot of really freaky dreams.
- Having a drink at Starbucks becomes surreal, when a 7 foot hairy man sits on a stool next to you.
- Leaving your friends to travel to another country becomes really dramatic.
- Your first kiss comes after watching a fashion show.
So you might be wondering what would’ve happened, had we actually given the series its proper send off.
Cut for spoilers!