I’m ending 2017 strong, and today, it’s my end of the year mixtape to close out what has ostensibly been a very weird year. The songs were pulled from my last.fm profile.
In case you’re just joining us, the Best Year Ever mixtape is a nine year tradition. I went back and tagged my previous mixtapes under “bestyearever” to track the posts better. It’s been so much fun to look back at what I listened to over the years.
This year was a bit off, as a lot of my data was lost towards the end of summer, because iTunes and my last.fm desktop app weren’t syncing properly. So, I used my most played for the past 90 days instead, which I think is far more indicative of the year I had. I feel like the first six months were just a blur of anxiety that I’d rather forget. But these last few months have been amazing, and the music I listened to reflects that.
I encourage you to add these to your own playlist, and if you don’t have them, use my affiliate links below to purchase them on Amazon.
- Tony Toni Toné — Feels Good
- Run the Jewels — Call Ticketron
- Paramore — Hard Times
- Tinashe — 2 On (Featuring ScHoolboy Q)
- J. Cole — Forbidden Fruit (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
- Girls Aloud — Jump (Live from O2)
- Run the Jewels — Legend Has It
- AKB48 — Sugar Rush
- Little Boots — Taste It
- Jidenna — Chief Don’t Run (featuring Roman GianArthur)