I graduated with an M.F.A. in Writing 3 years ago. I moved back to Vegas soon after for personal reasons.
I’m currently working for a small local tech company, writing content for websites, editing my colleagues’ work, writing blogs, and generating SEO-friendly key terms.
I recently won a distinction at the Helen Stewart Poetry Award contest for 2019.
I have a wonderful boyfriend, an amazing dog, and a pretty cool family. My best friend lives in California. I chat with her on Google Hangouts all day, haha.
I’m about 4 months away from paying off my car.
I’m trying to crack into the side hustle business as evidenced by the tasks below.
Currently working on:
- Reposting content from the previous incarnation of Raconteuse.
- Writing a tutorial on how to utilize WordPress multisite for a fanlisting collective as I’ve done with Trollop & Apple.
- Getting Frontend Publishing Pro and Indeed Ultimate Learning Pro sorted out on Writeropolis Industries.
- Creating reusable and “on brand” social media images for all projects.
- Clearing out my Google Drive of years and years of assorted ideas: writing ideas, poems, website project ideas, and so on.
- Moving over to https for my domains.
Short Term Plans:
- Taking myself on more Artist’s Dates.
- Practice piano.
- Fleshing out my ideas for mini-classes on Writeropolis.
- Building the flagship creativity course on Writeropolis.
- Getting paid work through Writeropolis (hint, hint).
Long Term Plans:
- Create an LLC.
- Hire an accountant to handle my books as a freelancer.
- Self-publishing my three poetry collections – Regina, Ars Amatoria, and Roadside Afflictions.
- Researching Patreon to support Writeropolis Industries.
- What to focus on for a Writeropolis YouTube and podcast.
- Building a Silent Book Club sponsored by Writeropolis.
- Saving up to take my boyfriend to Disneyland for the first time.
- Saving up and attending AWP 2020.
- Saving up for Universal Studios with my BFF.
- Visit the remaining missions in California: San Antonio de Padua, San Miguel Arcángel, San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, La Purísima Concepción, Santa Inés, Santa Barbara, San Buenaventura, San Fernando Rey de España, San Gabriel Arcángel, San Juan Capistrano.
- Saving up to visit Japan.
- Save up for a house in Las Vegas.