2016 has been a crappy year. Lots of good things happened to me, but my personal joy was overshadowed by everything going on in the world. I wish I could ignore everything that did happen (presidential election results, Aleppo, the spike of celebrity deaths, Orlando, among many other things) but that’s not how I was built. I have heard it put forward that everything that happened in 2016 is the new normal, and 2017 will be more of the same. I hope I’m prepared! It’s been a doozy.
On that note, here are my top 10 tracks from 2016.
- Good Intentions (featuring Miguel) by Disclosure
- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) by Britney Spears
- Come and Get Your Love by Redbone
- Black Heart by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Black Magic by Little Mix
- Talk About It (featuring King Mez & Justus) by Dr. Dre
- Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna
- Hell No’s and Headphones by Hailee Steinfeld
- Heaven Lost an Angel by Zendaya
- Kill Vs. Maim by Grimes
Level up your day with an often-imitated, never duplicated aural transmission from Raconteuse Radio!
This tiny — but mighty — podcast celebrates the oral delivery of the written word. My goal is to showcase and chat with emerging & established writers at all stages of their careers and probe the minds of unshakable industry folks to show us how to become published poets and authors.
Want to be featured? Submit your pitch!