2016 has been a crappy year. Lots of good things happened to me, but my personal joy was overshadowed by everything going on in the world. I wish I could ignore everything that did happen (presidential election results, Aleppo, the spike of celebrity deaths, Orlando, among many other things) but that’s not how I was built. I have heard it put forward that everything that happened in 2016 is the new normal, and 2017 will be more of the same. I hope I’m prepared! It’s been a doozy.
On that note, here are my top 10 tracks from 2016.
- Good Intentions (featuring Miguel) (paid link) by Disclosure
- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) (paid link) by Britney Spears
- Come and Get Your Love (paid link) by Redbone
- Black Heart (paid link) by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Black Magic (paid link) by Little Mix
- Talk About It (featuring King Mez & Justus) (paid link) by Dr. Dre
- Bitch Better Have My Money (paid link) by Rihanna
- Hell No’s and Headphones (paid link) by Hailee Steinfeld
- Heaven Lost an Angel (paid link) by Zendaya
- Kill Vs. Maim (paid link) by Grimes
Ready to consume a creative writing podcast?
Subscribe to raconteuse radio via your favorite podcast app!
This small but mighty podcast examines how words on the page sound different when the creator brings the words to life. Join me as I celebrate all the diverse emerging voices that I can find, and the industry folks behind the scenes too. Want to be featured? Submit your pitch!
It’s time to step into the spotlight.