In case you’re just joining us, the Best Year Ever mixtape is a nine-year tradition. It’s been so much fun to look back at what I listened to over the years.
I’m ending 2017 strong, and today, it’s my end of the year mixtape to close out what has ostensibly been a very weird year. The songs were pulled from my last.fm profile.
This year was a bit off, as a lot of my data was lost towards the end of summer because of iTunes and my last.fm desktop app wasn’t syncing properly. So, I used my most played for the past 90 days instead, which I think is far more indicative of the year I had. I feel like the first six months were a blur of anxiety that I’d rather forget. But these last few months have been amazing, and the music I listened to reflects that.
I encourage you to add these to your own playlist, and if you don’t have them, use my affiliate links below to purchase them on Amazon.
- Feels Good (paid link) by Tony Toni Toné
- Call Ticketron (paid link) by Run the Jewels
- Hard Times (paid link) by Paramore
- 2 On (Featuring ScHoolboy Q) (paid link) by Tinashe
- Forbidden Fruit (featuring Kendrick Lamar) (paid link) by J. Cole
- Jump (Live from O2) (paid link) by Girls Aloud
- Legend Has It (paid link) by Run the Jewels
- Sugar Rush (paid link) by AKB48
- Taste It (paid link) by Little Boots
- Chief Don’t Run (featuring Roman GianArthur) (paid link) by Jidenna
Ready to consume a creative writing podcast?
Subscribe to raconteuse radio via your favorite podcast app!
This small but mighty podcast examines how words on the page sound different when the creator brings the words to life. Join me as I celebrate all the diverse emerging voices that I can find, and the industry folks behind the scenes too. Want to be featured? Submit your pitch!
It’s time to step into the spotlight.