Post 3 of 13
This list is for my fellow writers, on our worst days when we think too hard about the business side of things. I know I get like this sometimes. It just stabs its way into my heart, and I don’t know what I’m doing.
- Ignore your inner critic.
- Write first – edit later.
- Keep learning! Join a writer’s group, take a class, attend a conference.
- Make time to write every day
- Get published! Send out submissions… or decide to self-publish.
- Be you! No one writes quite like you
- Try something new: experiment with a different genre.
- Have fun! Enjoy being a writer
- Develop an author platform: social media, website, book trailers, blog
- Set goals: “a dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.” Harvey Mackay
Is there some persistent thing holding you back from doing what you were born to do? Let me know in the comments.