I think my ear for music has transcended to the point where even the sound quality affects the way I listen. It’s like this deeply religious conversion that I never knew I needed. I haven’t invested in a record player yet, nor started collecting vinyl. But once my finances allow me, I so fully am!
Anyways, I was waiting for the light to turn green, and then I thought, “How lo-fi!” Then I thought “Lo-fi Love Affair,” which is what inspired the following. It’s basically the way I want to fall in love, using lyrics from songs. How else did you think this was gonna happen? lol.
Well we’ve only just met and I’m undressing you with my eyes
Where are the roses and whispered sighs?
When darkness gathered around me,
You captured my heart exclusively
You’re a boy and I’m a girl, but you know you can lean on me.
Let me show you how much I care
Baby I’m amazed at the way you help me sing my song
If you’ve lost your faith in love and music, oh the end won’t be long.
And tell all the stars above
Why don’t you show me a little bit of spine you’ve been saving for her mattress, love?
And I’m never gonna let you go away now.
The actual songs that I used for the poem. Yes, this is a mixtape. Did it start out that way? No. But I like how it did! 😀
- “Undressing You” by Emma Bunton
- “Don’t Break My Heart” by UB40
- “I’m Glad You’re Mine” by Siobhan Donaghy
- “All That 2 Me” by One Vo1ce
- “Protection” by Massive Attack
- “My List” by The Killers
- “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney
- “The Good Old Days” by The Libertines
- “Dedicated to the One I Love” by The Mamas and the Papas
- “Dance, Dance” by Fall Out Boy
- “One Touch” by Sugababes